Re: Why are we waiting?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Why are we waiting?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 14:14 +0000, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 17:06 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> >> Basically I'd rather try to attack the problem with dtrace ...
> >
> > OK. I'll switch to Solaris. Or do you something I don't about dtrace on
> > linux?
>
> One idea would be to add new arguments to LWLockAcquire as you suggest,
> but instead of modifying all call sites, decorate it with a macro that
> passes __FILE__ and __LINE__ as the extra arguments. The good thing
> about that is that it's a relatively small patch and you can easily
> switch it on/off with a #ifdef. And there's no need to push for
> inclusion of that into CVS, because it would be an easy patch to
> maintain yourself.

Thanks for the idea. It had occurred to me to make a private patch, but
I prefer my patches to be open, so they're easier to discuss results
arising from them.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: patternsel() and histogram_selectivity() and the hard cutoff of 100
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #3909: src\tools\msvc\clean.bat clears parse.h file