Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 11:16 +0530, Nikhils wrote:

> I presented a simple psql version here. I was actually processing
> multiple relations in my C library in which truncate was invoked on
> all the involved relations. I was passing a list of these rels to
> ExecuteTruncate which barfed when the same rel was mentioned twice in
> that list. Its really an implementation issue as Tom mentioned.

So you think we should change Postgres rather than your program?
Many people think that on list, and are ignored.

Why no bug report, proposal or patch? Why during a commit fest?

От: Nikhils
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils.
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Allow TRUNCATE foo, foo to succeed, per report from Nikhils.