Re: pg_restore: error: schema "public" already exists

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore: error: schema "public" already exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
raf <raf@raf.org> writes:
> A colleague is getting this error when trying to load a
> database dump:
>   pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  schema "public" already exists
> I'm wondering if anyone can explain it.

The public schema is a bit of a strange beast, and pg_dump has to
special-case it in some ways.  We've moved those special cases around
from time to time, too.  So one likely explanation here has to do
with version discrepancies between the pg_dump that made the dump
file and the pg_restore that's restoring it.

Also, I do not think that you're telling us the whole truth about
how your colleague is running pg_dump and/or pg_restore.  There
shouldn't be any "CREATE SCHEMA public" issued if you didn't say -c.

От: raf
Сообщение: pg_restore: error: schema "public" already exists
От: Mahesh Bodepati
Сообщение: Re: facing problem in outparameters in c