Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause
Дата
Re: constraint exclusion and nulls in IN (..) clause  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Emre Hasegeli <emre@hasegeli.com> writes:
> I am not sure if we are covering the case when clause_const and
> pred_const are both NULL.  In this case, we should be able to return
> true only by checking op_strict(pred_op) or maybe even without
> checking that.  Am I mistaken?

Yeah, that's there.  We need both operators to be strict, I think;
otherwise we can't really assume anything about what they'd return
for NULL inputs.  But if they are, we have NULL => NULL which is
valid for all proof cases.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: PQHost() undefined behavior if connecting string contains bothhost and hostaddr types
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Re: Re: reorganizing partitioning code