Re: pgsql: Preserve intermediate .c files in coverage mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Preserve intermediate .c files in coverage mode
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Preserve intermediate .c files in coverage mode
>
> The introduction of the .y -> .c pattern rule causes some .c files such
> as bootparse.c to be considered intermediate files in the .y -> .c -> .o
> rule chain, which make would automatically delete.  But in coverage
> mode, the processing tools such as genhtml need those files, so mark
> them as "precious" so that make preserves them.

[ blink... ]  I'd vote for making them precious all the time.  No such
behavioral change was discussed or agreed to, and I'm concerned about
possible side effects, for instance losing files that you don't have the
tools to rebuild when working from a distributed tarball.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pgsql: Preserve intermediate .c files in coverage mode
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix ALTER EXTENSION / SET SCHEMA