Re: standby shutdown

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: standby shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 11:22 -0400, Ray Stell wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 09:06:48AM -0400, Ray Stell wrote:
> >
> > So, you are saying just shutdown, but it is my experience that this might not
> > work and I need to script this for the operator to do the maintenance.
>

> Could not get the standby to go down without flags, which makes me
> nervous since Robert seems to indicate that it should.   I tried "-m f"
> and this seemed to work.  I'm able to restart recovery.  I suppose
> there might still be some timing issues with xlogs deletion waiting to
> blow my foot off.

What version of PostgreSQL is this? 8.2+ should shut down proper without
issue. 8.1 does have issues.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Ray Stell
Сообщение: Re: standby shutdown
От: Marc Cousin
Сообщение: can't cancel a query with pg_cancel_backend