Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 18:23 +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> when I though about control, I found so syntax with mandatory VARIADIC
> is difficult implementable. So probably the most feasible solution for
> this moment is to discard a variadic functions from set of functions
> that are callable with named notation. So I thing we are in tune, and
> I am going to update patch.

Sounds good. I am looking at the code, and there's a part I don't
understand:

In FuncnameGetCandidates(): /*  * Wait with apply proargidxs on args. Detection ambigouos needs  * consistent args
(basedon proargs). Store proargidxs for later  * use.  */  newResult->proargidxs = proargidxs;

But after calling FuncnameGetCandidates (the only place where fargnames
is non-NIL), you immediately re-assign to best_candidate->args. What
happens between those two places, and why can't it happen in
FuncnameGetCandidates?

Also, you should consistently pass NIL when you mean an empty list, but
sometimes you pass NULL to FuncnameGetCandidates().

Regards,Jeff Davis

От: Dan Colish
Сообщение: ECPG patch views [moved from RRR list]
От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: 8.5 TODO: Add comments to output indicating version of pg_dump and of the database server