Re: What does this configure warning mean?

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: What does this configure warning mean?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 00:26 +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 15:06 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Simon Riggs wrote:
> > >
> > > When I run ./configure, I get
> > >
> > > (...warning..)
> > > (If you are using the official distribution of PostgreSQL then you do
> > > not need to worry about this because the Flex output is pre-generated.)
> > >
> > > Well, I am am using the official distribution of PostreSQL and the
> > > output is not pre-generated. Clearly this message only comes when you
> > > build Postgres from source, in which case the output cannot be
> > > pre-generated (can it?).
> >
> > I take it "official distribution" means "tarball" as different from a
> > copy obtained thru CVS.
>
> Maybe "If you are using an official release tarball of PostgreSQL", or
> "an official release source code archive of PostgreSQL" if we want to
> avoid the term "tarball".

Something like...

If you have downloaded a full copy of the source then....
If you are building from a repository checkout ...

We don't need to use the word tarball, but we do need to say what we
mean. Anyway, its a seldom-used error message and I wouldn't have hit it
if my laptop hadn't needed recovery.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Rejecting weak passwords
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Inappropriate failure conditions in foreign_data regression test