Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 17:48 +0100, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> This is a WIP patch to replace the after-trigger queues with TID bitmaps
> to prevent them from using excessive amounts of memory. Each round of
> trigger executions is a modified bitmap heap scan.

Can you please take a look at my patch here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/1256499249.12775.20.camel@jdavis

to make sure that we're not interfering with eachother? I implemented
deferred constraint checking in my operator exclusion constraints patch
(formerly "generalized index constraints").

After looking very briefly at your approach, I think that it's entirely
orthogonal, so I don't expect a problem.

I have a git repo here:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/jdavis/postgres.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/operator-exclusion-constraints

which may be helpful if you just want to look at the commit for deferred
constraint checking. Any comments welcome.

I'll also take a look at your patch in the next few days.

Regards,Jeff Davis

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: operator exclusion constraints
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: a question about relkind of RelationData handed over to heap_update function