Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue
Дата
Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 13:28 +0000, Dean Rasheed wrote:

> It works for all kinds of trigger events,
> and is intended as a complete drop-in replacement for the after
> triggers queue.

> > All of those seem false in the general case. What will you do?
>
> At this point I'm looking for more feedback as to whether any of this
> is a show-stopper, before I expend more effort on this patch.

I see no show stoppers, only for you to look at ways of specifying that
this optimization is possible for particular cases. I think we might be
able to make the general statement that it will work for all after
triggers that execute STABLE or IMMUTABLE functions. I don't think we
can assume that firing order is irrelevant for some cases, e.g. message
queues.

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: License clarification: BSD vs MIT