Re: int8 primary keys still not using index without manual

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: int8 primary keys still not using index without manual
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Th big picture is that it doesn't work very well to assume that indexes
>> only need to handle same-datatype comparisons.  I think we are
>> ultimately going to have to address that issue more-or-less directly.

> Wouldn't that logically lead to an "abstract" operator class to be
> pointed to in the original indexes operator class?

I've just posted a proposal in pgsql-hackers that attacks the problem
a little differently: put the cross-type operators directly into the
opclass.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL, Postgre and Apple
От: Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Сообщение: Converting SQL-ASCII encoding database to UNICODE