Re: "cache lookup failed for type ####" when running unit tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "cache lookup failed for type ####" when running unit tests
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wilhansen Li <willi.t1@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a web application with a bunch of unit tests which involve accessing
> a PostgreSQL database. My schema contains composite types and stored
> procedures.

> When running the tests, I'm getting a
> "com.impossibl.postgres.jdbc.PGSQLSimpleException: cache lookup failed for
> type 64790" when trying to call a stored procedure whose parameter is an
> array of a composite type (e.g. "create function foo(param comp_type[]")

> The funny thing is, when I run the specific test in isolation the problem
> disappears.

Hard to be sure when you haven't shown us any code, but I suspect the
issue boils down to caching of type data inside a plpgsql function that
*uses* some type you dropped and recreated, without having any parameter
of that type.  (If it did have such a parameter, you'd have been forced
to drop and recreate the function, eliminating the cached info.  That
doesn't apply though to internal uses, such as a variable of the type.)

Another possibility, if you're trying to pass an argument of such a type
directly from the client side, is that the JDBC driver is caching data
about that type name and doesn't realize you've replaced it with some
new definition.

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump order of operation
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump order of operation