Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adnan Dautovic <daut@mailbox.org> writes:
> However, this lead me to [2] and I find the output very
> interesting:

> SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_names ORDER BY name;

>> "name"    "abbrev"    "utc_offset"    "is_dst"
>> "Turkey"    "+03"    "03:00:00"    false
>> "UCT"    "UCT"    "00:00:00"    false
>> "Universal"    "UTC"    "00:00:00"    false
>> "W-SU"    "MSK"    "03:00:00"    false

Wow.  To clarify, is that the *whole* result?
But even if you just excerpted it, you're clearly
missing a lot of entries.

Per your other answer, the remote DB doesn't seem to have
been built with --with-system-tzdata, so it must be relying
on a Postgres-private copy of the tzdb data set, and evidently
a fair number of entries in that have gone missing.  Postgres
itself would never modify that data after installation, so
we're left to speculate about filesystem corruption or
somebody's odd desire to remove "unnecessary" files.

Out of curiosity, does
    SET timezone to 'GMT';
work?

От: Adnan Dautovic
Сообщение: Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Failure of postgres_fdw because of TimeZone setting