Re: checkpoint_timeout

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: checkpoint_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas F.O'Connell" <tfo@sitening.com> writes:
> Instinctively, it seems like it would be nice to have something similar
> for checkpoint_timeout, but is there any disadvantage to having a value
> "dramatically" higher than the default for general use, considering
> that checkpoint_timeout can only be set at server start?

Huh?  IIRC you can change all the checkpoint parameters with SIGHUP.
You can *not* set them per-connection, that just doesn't make any
physical sense considering that the behavior involved is cluster-wide.

I doubt that checkpoint_timeout is very important to raise anyway.
Now checkpoint_segments is something you might well need to raise...

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Encoding-related errors when moving from 7.3 to 8.0.1
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: contrib module intagg crashing the backend