Re: Improving ALTER TYPE support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Improving ALTER TYPE support
Дата
Re: Improving ALTER TYPE support
Список pgsql-hackers
"John Jawed" <johnjawed@gmail.com> writes:
> I guess I don't understand what one has to do with the other (SRF's
> returning records and OUT parameters). I always thought they were exclusive,
> could you elaborate?

(BTW, please don't post uselessly HTML-ified mail.)

If you write something like
create function foo (in p1 int, out r1 int, out r2 text)returns setof record

then you've effectively got a function returning an anonymous composite
type (here, with one int and one text column).  I don't see a case for
inventing a separate facility that will pretty much just duplicate this
functionality.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: file-locking and postmaster.pid
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition