Re: out of memory error

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Excerpts from Silvio Brandani's message of vie ago 06 07:56:53 -0400 2010:

> it seems the execution plan is different for this query when run from
> the application versus the psql . How can I check the execution plan of
> a query run by a user??
> I can set explain analyze for the query via psql but how can I check
> with application running the query???

If this is a prepared query, then that is a good guess.  You can see the
real plan that the application is getting in psql by explaining the
execution of a prepared statement like this:

PREPARE foo(int, text) AS SELECT blah FROM foo, bar WHERE foo.id = $1 AND ...
EXPLAIN ANALYZE EXECUTE foo(someval, another);

От: Alanoly Andrews
Сообщение: Re: postgres 9.0 crash when bringing up hot standby
От: "Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)"
Сообщение: catalog corruption causes