Re: Per-column collation, proof of concept

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Per-column collation, proof of concept
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-08-17 at 01:16 -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> >> creating collations ...FATAL:  invalid byte sequence for encoding
> >> "UTF8": 0xe56c09
> >> CONTEXT:  COPY tmp_pg_collation, line 86
> >> STATEMENT:  COPY tmp_pg_collation FROM
> >> E'/usr/local/pgsql/9.1/share/locales.txt';
> >> """
> >
> > Hmm, what is in that file on that line?
> >

> bokmål  ISO-8859-1

Hey, that borders on genius: Use a non-ASCII letter in the name of a
locale whose purpose it is to configure how non-ASCII letters are
interpreted. :-/

Interestingly, I don't see this on a Debian system.  Good thing to know
that this needs separate testing on different Linux variants.