Re: Clarity in partial index example.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Clarity in partial index example.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 4/3/19 4:20 PM, PG Doc comments form wrote:
>> Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept here but url = '/index.html' doesn't
>> have any effect on this? If that's the case I would suggest either removing
>> it from the first query or adding it to the second query.

> You're correct, the url = '/index.html' does not affect if the partial
> index is used in the example.

> Based on how the example is set up, I'd propose using the "url"
> parameter in both examples. I've attached a patch that does this, with
> some additional wording around the examples.

Yeah, this seems unnecessarily confusing.  I tweaked your extra wording
a bit --- I didn't like referring to the index as covering a range,
because it's really excluding a range not including one.

Pushed.

От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Clarity in partial index example.
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: Clarity in partial index example.