Postgres problem with partition queries

От bakkiya
Тема Postgres problem with partition queries
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,
We are having a partition table and we are querying some rows in the
partition.
select * from events where
     events.evt_time >= '2010-11-29 00:00:00'
    AND events.evt_time <= '2010-11-30 23:59:59'
While this query is in running state, I am issuing a drop statement on a
partition of this table.

drop table events_p_20101207130000

Please note that the query is running on a different partition and drop is
happening on a different partition.
Now, in a different session, I am running a different query,
select * from events where
     events.evt_time >= '2010-11-28 00:00:00'
    AND events.evt_time <= '2010-11-29 23:59:59'

Now the issue is both the drop and my 2nd query is in waiting state and both
these queries started running after my first queries completion.
We have set constraint_exclusion to on and we used, select * from
pg_stat_activity where waiting = 'true'  query to check the status of the
waiting queries.

Now, can you please explain me on why it is behaving like this. Is this a
postgres bug or any configuration needs to be done to avoid this waiting.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Bakki

От: Samuel Stearns
Сообщение: Re: Setting Schema on Restore
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres problem with partition queries