Re: [HACKERS] Update on my 6.4.2 progress

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Update on my 6.4.2 progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Wayne Piekarski <wayne@senet.com.au> writes:
> I already have the -o -F switch in the startup file (which I believe is
> working) but I'm under the impression from what I read that there are two
> fsync's - one you can switch off, and one which is fixed into the code
> and possibly can't be removed?

No.  I've looked.

Actually there is an un-disablable fsync() on the error file in elog.c,
but it's not invoked under ordinary scenarios as far as I can tell,
and it shouldn't be a performance bottleneck anyway.  *All* the ordinary
uses of fsync go through pg_fsync.

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BSD vs. GPL
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Status report: subselect + grouping problems