Re: GiST for range types (was Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor)

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: GiST for range types (was Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor)
Дата
Re: GiST for range types (was Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor)  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 15:05 +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

> I think implementing subtype_diff for each datatype is ok.  We could
> implement some universal function based on minus operator and casting
> to double precision. But such solution might be unacceptable in
> both predictability (operator and casting function might do not the
> things we expect) and performance.

Done.

Everything is complete in this patch with the exception of two optional
things, which I still intend to do but might best be done in a separate
commit:

  * support typmod for ranges
  * support casts between different range types

Both of these things, I believe, require the introduction of an
RangeCoerceExpr, similar to ArrayCoerceExpr. That's fine, but it creates
a rather large diff, so it might be best left for a later commit.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: psql expanded auto
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Your review of pg_receivexlog/pg_basebackup