Re: psql and schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql and schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I'm not sure how we should handle "\dn schema_name." (notice the period;
> assuming a schema with that name exists). The current behavior of
> listing all schemas is obviously wrong, but I'm not sure what the right
> behavior is. Perhaps we should reject the command?

Seems reasonable to me.  There shouldn't ever be a dot in the argument
of \dn.

> I think there needs to be a way to list all the objects in a schema.

This doesn't seem especially helpful to me, because you'd have to fit a
bunch of different object types into a one-size-fits-all output, which
would end up fitting nothing very well.  You can get the effect with\d schema_name.*\df schema_name.*\do
schema_name.*\daschema_name.*etc

It's not clear to me that we need do more, especially since the user
probably knows what kinds of objects he's created, and can skip
unnecessary steps.