Re: foreign key from array element

От Rafal Pietrak
Тема Re: foreign key from array element
Re: foreign key from array element  (Gabriele Bartolini <Gabriele.Bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

[------------]

> It is such a coincidence that yesterday I had started to write this
> article
> (http://blog.2ndquadrant.com/postgresql-9-3-development-array-element-foreign-keys/)
> about this feature for 9.3 and this morning I noticed your message.
>
> It would be great if you could at least try the patch as a user and give
> feedback.

OK. I tried to setup things for the weekend:

1. You say in that article, that the patch is prepared for v9.3,

2. but within the sources repository
(http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/), out of the most recent
releases, I can only see release v9.2.

3. so I tried to apply the patches to v9.2:
--------------------------
$ bzcat Array-ELEMENT-foreign-key-v1.patch.bz2 >array-elem-fk-init.patch
$ tar -xjf postgresql-9.2.0.tar.bz2
$ cd postgresql-9.2.0
$ patch -p1 <../array-elem-fk-init.patch
patching file doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml
Hunk #1 succeeded at 2036 (offset -87 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 2069 (offset -87 lines).
patching file doc/src/sgml/ddl.sgml
Hunk #1 succeeded at 866 (offset -11 lines).
patching file doc/src/sgml/ref/create_table.sgml
Hunk #5 FAILED at 671.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 676 (offset -4 lines).
Hunk #7 FAILED at 693.
--------------------------
 neither of the two patches listed by
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=15) worked
cleanly - with the initial patch having less FAILS then the refreshed
one.

4. So I tried to locate v9.3 sources harder; I looked into the
"Developers" tab of the main website, but there is just mention of
alpla/beta ... pointing to wiki, without links to the sources.

5. where do I get current-v9.3 from?

Apparently I'll need a little help here.

-R

PS: things like location of the source-tree which is the base for the
listed patches may be obvious for the veterans, but I think, a link on
the CommitFest page would be of great help for bypassers, and the
first-timers like myself.

От: Mike Christensen
Сообщение: Re: Column aliases in WHERE clauses
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Time-based trigger