Re: Custom prompt

От craig@gtek.biz
Тема Re: Custom prompt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Apologies to all, I didn't realize this ISPs webmail client doesn't wrap lines.
My reply, formatted in a more readable way:

On Monday, September 24, 2012 14:07, craig@gtek.biz said:

>> When accessing PostgreSQL via psql, is it possible to make use of a custom
>> prompt? I would like something like postgres=# instead of just postgres=#. My
>> search was fruitless (see next paragraph).
>
> Should have added:
> To make it stick between sessions you can use a psqlrc file. They are
> handy for customizing psql in general. These can be system wide or per
> user. For more information do a find(psqlrc) on the page I previously
> linked to.

Aha, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

>> And if I'm allowed two questions in one post, how does one search for a phrase
>> such as "custom prompt" in the mailing list archives? Everything I tried found
>> every page with either the word custom, the word prompt, or both words
>> somewhere
>> in the message. I just wanted to search for messages containing the exact
>> phrase
>> "custom prompt".
>
> Not sure about that mailing list, but using custom prompt in the search
> box in the docs finds the page I posted.

It does, but not by that exact phrase. It returns 10 hits, one of which is a page
that contains the word "prompts", and the word "customize":

...prompts psql issues can be customized to your preference. The three variables
PROMPT1 PROMPT2 , and PROMPT3...

I'd like to return results that contain the exact phrase "custom prompt", not a
lucky hit on similar words that are physically close to each other. Usually
enclosing the phrase in quotes will do it, but not in any PostgreSQL search form
that I've found.

Sent - Gtek Web Mail

От: craig@gtek.biz
Сообщение: Re: Custom prompt
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: How to do a full-text search words within some proximity of each other?