Re: pg_dump 7.3rc1 with 7.2 server.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump 7.3rc1 with 7.2 server.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> I've not tested it, so I can say 100% for sure, but if I had to guess
> I'd say that those dumps wont work if you try to restore to 7.2.1 so you
> need to switch back to the proper version asap.

Robert's right: the output of 7.3 pg_dump will not load into older
servers.  In general, pg_dump can read from older servers (back to
7.0) but its output will only load into same- or newer-version servers.

Of course, if you *did* have a crash you could install 7.3rc2 and reload
into that ...

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump 7.3rc1 with 7.2 server.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ALLOW_ABSOLUTE_DBPATHS