Re: Rejecting weak passwords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rejecting weak passwords
Дата
Re: Rejecting weak passwords
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> I would suggest that in addition to the proposed plugin, we add an
> suset GUC (defaulting to OFF) which rejects any use of WITH ENCRYPTED
> PASSWORD to ensure that the password complexity can be checked when
> roles are created or modified.

That's going to stop us from being beat up?  A GUC that forcibly
*weakens* security?  I can't see it.

If you're really intent on making that happen, you can have your
password checker plugin reject crypted passwords; we don't need
such a questionable rule in core.

От: Roger Leigh
Сообщение: Re: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for psql text output
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Rejecting weak passwords