Re: meson and check-tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: meson and check-tests
Дата
Re: meson and check-tests
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tristan Partin" <tristan@partin.io> writes:
> On Fri May 31, 2024 at 12:02 PM CDT, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>> We talked this off-list at the conference. It seems we have to somehow
>> avoid passing pg_regress --schedule argument and instead pass the list of
>> tests. Any idea how to do that?

> I think there are 2 solutions to this.
> 1. Avoid passing --schedule by default, which doesn't sound like a great
>    solution.
> 2. Teach pg_regress to ignore the --schedule option if specific tests
>    are passed instead.
> 3. Add a --no-schedule option to pg_regress which would override the
>    previously added --schedule option.
> I personally prefer 2 or 3.

Just to refresh peoples' memory of what the Makefiles do:
src/test/regress/GNUmakefile has

check: all
    $(pg_regress_check) $(REGRESS_OPTS) --schedule=$(srcdir)/parallel_schedule $(MAXCONNOPT) $(EXTRA_TESTS)

check-tests: all | temp-install
    $(pg_regress_check) $(REGRESS_OPTS) $(MAXCONNOPT) $(TESTS) $(EXTRA_TESTS)

(and parallel cases for installcheck etc).  AFAICS, meson.build has
no equivalent to the EXTRA_TESTS add-on, nor does it have behavior
equivalent to check-tests' substitution of $(TESTS) for --schedule.
But I suggest that those behaviors have stood for a long time and
so the appropriate thing to do is duplicate them as best we can,
not invent something different.

От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: meson and check-tests
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: POC: GROUP BY optimization