Re: a modest improvement to get_object_address()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: a modest improvement to get_object_address()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I would think you need to drop the now-useless lock, and I sure hope
>> that RangeVarGetRelid does likewise.

> It doesn't currently.  The now-useless lock doesn't really hurt
> anything, aside from taking up space in the lock table.

Well, there are corner cases where the object OID gets reused during
the lifetime of the transaction, and then the lock *does* do something
(and what it does would be bad).  But taking up extra space in the
finite-size lock table is sufficient reason IMO to drop the lock.
It's not like these are performance-critical code paths.

От: Emanuel Calvo
Сообщение: Re: [Feature Request] \dx show "options"
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: const correctness