Re: updatable/deletable terminology

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: updatable/deletable terminology
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 21:19 -0400, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> To make the view updatable, provide an unconditional ON DELETE DO
> INSTEAD rule or an INSTEAD OF DELETE trigger.
>
> I think it's a bit strange to claim that adding a DELETE rule/trigger
> makes a view *updatable*.  I suspect someone thought they would apply
> the term "updatable" in an SQL standard sense, but that seems
> backwards,
> because you get to these error conditions exactly because the view as
> defined was not Updatable(tm).

After some consideration, I think the best fix here is to revert to the
9.2 wording

"You need an unconditional ON DELETE DO INSTEAD rule or an INSTEAD OF
DELETE trigger."

The addition of the term "updatable" was simply wrong here.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: killing pg_dump leaves backend process
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: killing pg_dump leaves backend process