Re: question on the information_schema

От David Johnston
Тема Re: question on the information_schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Salvatore Barone wrote
> Hi all,
> I created a database named "test" with the user "postgres" and I have
> given all privileges on database "test" to a user that I use daily,
> called "ssaa".
> By submitting, as user "ssaa", to "test" database the «select * from
> information_schema.columns with where col.table_schema! = 'Pg_catalog'
> and col.table_schema! = 'Information_schema'» query, instead of the list
> of columns, I have an empty table. I have to give some special permit
> ssaa user?
> How do I resolve?
> Thanks.
>
> Ps. I apologize for my poor english.

You have not provided an actual query.  Copy/Paste the exact query you are
executing.

Note, however, that a newly created database does not have any "columns", or
tables for that matter, aside from those in information_schema and
pg_catalog.  Why do you expect the query to return any results?

More generally it is very helpful to explain "why" you are doing something
and not just show - especially incompletely - what you are doing.

David J.

От: bricklen
Сообщение: Re: question on the information_schema
От: Salvatore Barone
Сообщение: Re: question on the information_schema