Re: Re: [GENERAL] cannot dump structures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] cannot dump structures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?us-ascii?Q?Martin=20Korous?= <Mortals@seznam.cz> writes:
> <  You're running a 7.something pg_dump against an 8.something server.
> <  This will not work because that pg_dump doesn't know about 8.x
> <  catalog layout.

> its standard answer for message `ERROR:  column "datpath"....`
> but I wrote:

> DATABASE:
> #/var/pgsql/bin/pg_dump --version
> pg_dump (PostgreSQL) 8.2.5

A look at the source code is sufficient to prove that the string
"datpath" occurs nowhere in 8.2 pg_dump (nor indeed in any 8.x version).
Therefore, you are running pg_dump 7.x, whether you believe it or not.
The error message you'd get if you removed the -i switch would provide
further proof, if you require it.

> pg_dump out of chroot work
> in chroot doesnt work...mystery

Doesn't sound very mysterious to me.  You've got an old copy of pg_dump
somewhere inside the chroot, and perhaps a PATH setting different from
what you think it is.

От: Martin Korous
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] cannot dump structures
От: John Burger
Сообщение: Planner not using UNIQUEness of index properly