Re: BUG #8721: pg_wrapper unaware of configuration includes

От David Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #8721: pg_wrapper unaware of configuration includes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Johnston wrote

> jodynickel wrote
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      8721
>> Logged by:          Jody Nickel
>> Email address:

>> jodynickel@

>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
>> Operating system:   Kubuntu 13.04
>>
>> I installed postgres 9.3 on a machine where 9.1 was installed. I
>> dumped/loaded the 9.1 databases into 9.3. I then stopped and uninstalled
>> 9.1.
>>

>> When I installed, since there was already a postgres installed, the port
>> was
>> assigned to 5433.
>>

>> I then used a secondary configuration file to hold my configuration
>> changes
>> for postgres (shared memory etc) and used the include statement in
>> postgresql.conf. One of the lines in that secondary file was port = 5432.
>>

>> I then restarted postgres to put the changes into effect.
>>

>> When I started psql, it gave an error that it couldn't connect to port
>> 5433.
>>

>> I think it was reading postgresql.conf, and ignoring the included files
>> that
>> had changed the port number.
>>

>> This is a very minor bug, and was easily worked around by changing the
>> port
>> configuration in the postgresql.conf file.
> This is not a PostgreSQL bug, nor is it likely a distro bug.  Most likely
> because you are making changes to default configurations you have to learn
> where those defaults are stored for pg_wrapper and make the appropriate
> change there.  I doubt it reads PostgreSQL.conf but instead stores 5433
> somewhere upon install and you need to change that.
>
> Google and "man" are your friends.
>
> David J.

Or just use "psql" directly and specify the correct port yourself or via the
supplied mechanics as documented on the psql doc page.

David J.

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8721: pg_wrapper unaware of configuration includes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8702: psql \df+ translate_columns[] overflow and unexpected gettext translation