Re: weighting (the results of) a query ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: weighting (the results of) a query ?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Peter Galbavy" <peter.galbavy@knowtion.net> writes:
> Not sure - what I want is only one row per real row but ordered as per the
> constants. When you say duplicate-row-elimination do you mean including the
> 'constant' weighting,

Yes, UNION would consider all columns in deciding if two rows are dups.

> What I mean is when an image row has both 'eat static' in the caption and as
> a keyword, I want it returned only once...

I think your query might fail on that requirement regardless, no?  At
least I missed how you'd prevent it.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] 7.3.1 index use / performance
От: "Peter Galbavy"
Сообщение: Re: weighting (the results of) a query ?