Re: Trigger function - variable for schema name

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Trigger function - variable for schema name
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

To do what you're trying to do there you'd probably be best to use EXECUTE:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION trigger_function1()
  RETURNS trigger AS
$BODY$
    declare my_schema text;
    begin
        my_schema := TG_ARGV[0];
        EXECUTE 'select table2.id into new.id from ' || quote_ident(my_schema) || '.table2';
        new.columnx=function1(my_schema,value1);
    return new;
end:
$$
language plpgsql

>So far I tried another option by temporarily changing the search path, but
>that might cause problems with other users who are working on other schemas
>of the database at the same time. That's why I would like to write the
>trigger in a way that it will only perform on the specified schema, but not
>changing the global search_path of the database.
>I also tried using dynamic sql with "execute format('...', TG_TABLE_SCHEMA);
>but that will only work inside the trigger, not if I want to pass the schema
>name to another function that is called from within the trigger.

We'll I don't see why you couldn't pull the current schema with TG_TABLE_SCHEMA and pass it as a variable to your other
function,but I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do to be honest.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: ssylla
Сообщение: Trigger function - variable for schema name
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: Trigger function - variable for schema name