Re: BUG #9611: Current jdbc driver doesn't support any classes in Java 8 java.time

От David Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #9611: Current jdbc driver doesn't support any classes in Java 8 java.time
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Vernon E wrote

> Bug reference:      9611
> Logged by:          Vernon
> Email address:

> vwu98034@

> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.3
> Operating system:   Windows 8
>
> I can't map any Java 8 java.time classes to timestamp with/without time
> zone. The old Java Date, Calendar classes will be deprecated in a near
> future.

This is neither the correct forum nor a bug.

I haven't given this much thought but...
1. Deprecated does not mean gone
2. Coding a Java 8 driver would seem to require de-supporting any prior
versions...which seems strange but anyway
3. Not that you necessarily need to but do you have anything to add besides
the request itself
4. For all I know you may just be doing it wrong...the lack of detail and my
desire to not get dragged into the java 8 rabbit hole at this moment do not
combine for a helpful response, sorry.

There is a jdbc list where this is on topic and you could also post an issue
request to the official github repository.

Given the state of Java for the past while there isn't a large, active
development team working on the current official driver and only a few
groups working on new ones.  I would encourage those with a current need to
figure out ways to contribute to the effort either with pseudo code, actual
code, or even just research and suggestions.

David J.

От: Venkata Balaji Nagothi
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9606: pg_class relhaspkey column not updated on removal of primary key
От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9606: pg_class relhaspkey column not updated on removal of primary key