Re-Install data folder failure

От ray
Тема Re-Install data folder failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been having troubles getting 8.3 running on Windows XP.  My
last couple of attempts have been to install 8.3 in a folder off the
root rather than off of 'Program Files'.  Since I ‘uninstalled’ it, I
have not been able to get a good installation.  I have tried many
times.  I use Control Panels Add&Remove to remove 8.3 and then I go
through the registry and remove any remaining entries tjat address
'postgres'.  When I start a new install, it always points to c:
\program files\postg… which I change on the setup page to the new c:
\pghome.  I have a leftover environmental variable pgdata which points
to c:\pghome\8.3\data.  But this folder never gets built anymore.
That is, there is not data folder.

Any ideas on how I can get this built?

I am installing this from an administrator account and I have a
postgres account that is a power user.  I have tried but can not
install from that account.  The PostgreSQL notes say that it is no
longer necessary to operate from a non-administrator account so I
tried to do things from the admin account and when it doesn’t work, I
try it from the postgres power user account.  So far, neither have
worked.  But I am guessing that is due to the no ‘data’ folder.

 Ray

От: jc_mich
Сообщение: Doubt about join clause
От: Matthew Pugsley
Сообщение: update one table with another