Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09.11.23 00:21, Andres Freund wrote:
> Example output:

This is very nice!

> $ ninja help
> [0/1 1   0%] Running external command help (wrapped by meson to set env)
> Code Targets:
>    all                          Build everything other than documentation
>    backend                      Build backend and related modules
>    bin                          Build frontend binaries
>    contrib                      Build contrib modules
>    pl                           Build procedual languages

ok

> Documentation Targets:
>    docs                         Build documentation in multi-page HTML format
>    doc-html                     Build documentation in multi-page HTML format
>    doc-man                      Build documentation in man page format
>    doc/src/sgml/postgres-A4.pdf Build documentation in PDF format, with A4 pages
>    doc/src/sgml/postgres-US.pdf Build documentation in PDF format, with US letter pages
>    doc/src/sgml/postgres.html   Build documentation in single-page HTML format
>    alldocs                      Build documentation in all supported formats
>
> Installation Targets:
>    install                      Install postgres, excluding documentation

This should probably read "Install everything other than documentation",
to mirror "all" above.  (Otherwise one might think it installs just the
backend.)

>    install-doc-html             Install documentation in multi-page HTML format
>    install-doc-man              Install documentation in man page format
>    install-docs                 Install documentation in multi-page HTML and man page formats

There is a mismatch between "docs" and "install-docs".  (As was
previously discussed, I'm in the camp that "docs" should be html + man.)

>    install-quiet                Like "install", but installed files are not displayed
>    install-world                Install postgres, including multi-page HTML and man page documentation

Suggest "Install everything, including documentation" (matches "world").

>    uninstall                    Remove installed files
>
> Other Targets:
>    clean                        Remove all build products
>    test                         Run all enabled tests (including contrib)
>    world                        Build everything, including documentation

Shouldn't that be under "Code Targets"?

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: meson documentation build open issues
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: speed up a logical replica setup