Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)

От Pavel Raiskup
Тема Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)
Дата
Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
Список pgsql-odbc
[+cc back psqlodbc]
[+cc unixODBC]

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:46:39 Nick Gorham wrote:
> On 11/11/13 17:50, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > Long story short: Is there a need to link psqlodbcw.so plugin against
> > libodbc.so?  Principal problem: That library provides ABI for applications
> > - not for plugins; at least it seem to be like that.
> >
> > I tried to remove this linking by following tweak:
>
> Hi,
>
> As you have noticed, there is code in the DM to try and avoid what you
> describe. But AFAIK, a driver would normally link against -lodbcinst to
> gain access to the ini functions SQLGetPrivateProfileString and so on,
> no need to link to the driver manager (-lodbc) that is for application
> land use.

Hello Nick, thanks for looking at the problem from unixODBC perspective!

Would not there be better rather block loading badly linked plugins rather
than just try to expect that the linking is done the same way on all arches?
I attached possible solution.

Pavel

От: Pavel Raiskup
Сообщение: Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)
От: Pavel Raiskup
Сообщение: Re: Is the linking with -lodbc necessary? (--with-odbc)