Re: autovacuum with inheritance

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: autovacuum with inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
yhe wrote
> From looking at the log, [...]

Any reason not to share it with the people from whom you are asking for
help?

> I was thinking that autovacuum should only happen on updated table so it
> should only autovacuum on one child and not the others for my case.

At the point of "stop usage" on the partition it would still want at least
one more cleanup vacuum; and eventually would want a FREEZE pass as well.
Furthermore, the parent of the partition scheme still needs to be aware of
the children and so you might be seeing that.

David J.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Multiple call handlers per language
От: Ian Harding
Сообщение: Array Comparison