Is my understanding of bitmap index scans and recheck cond correct?

От AlexK987
Тема Is my understanding of bitmap index scans and recheck cond correct?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think that when the query planner chooses to use an index to satisfy a
range scan, it verifies how the order of index keys is correlated with
physical order of rows in the table. If correlation is low, than the planner
wants to make sure that it reads each page only once.

So, first PG scans the range of index keys, and it determines which pages
store the matching rows. This step is called "bitmap index scan". Next, PG
reads all the rows on those pages and checks the range condition again. This
step is called "recheck cond".

Is that correct?

От: AlexK987
Сообщение: Re: Is clustering factor stored in pg_stats.correlation?
От: Andomar
Сообщение: Re: Monitoring query plan cache