vacuum vs pg_repack vs pg_reorg

От sramay
Тема vacuum vs pg_repack vs pg_reorg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a database of size 1.5 TB.   The attachments are stored in bytea.
The attachment table is consuming maximum space.   The database version is
9.1.x and Streaming Replication is set.  Now, I have to removed old records
to make way for new records without increasing SAN Space.

Which will be a better option

pg_repack  - I have primary key on that table

or
Vacuum

or

pg_reorg

If  you can suggest me a better option out of the above, It will simplify my
life.   At any cost
streaming replication should not disturbed.

Regards

Ramachandran S

От: Ronald Peterson
Сообщение: extra function calls from query returning composite type
От: Andy Colson
Сообщение: Re: Improving performance of merging data between tables