Re: VACUUM FULL doesn't reduce table size

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL doesn't reduce table size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vick Khera wrote
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 5:59 AM, pinker <

> pinker@

> > wrote:
>
>> I have deleted a large number of records from my_table, which originally
>> had
>> 288 MB. Then I ran vacuum full to make the table size smaller. After this
>> operation size of the table remains the same, despite of the fact that
>> table
>>

> If your remaining records were in say, block 2 and block 10000, then the
> blocks in between won't be returned to the system.

Really?  This is vacuum full we are talking about.  How would such a thing
occur?

The OP hasn't stated his version and I wouldn't assume 9.x

I have no experience here but given recent versions rewrite the table the
vacuum verbose output shown seems unusual.

David J.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: How to get plpython2 in /lib?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL doesn't reduce table size