Re: Postgres Version want to update from 9.2 to 9.5 version in CentOS 7.9

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres Version want to update from 9.2 to 9.5 version in CentOS 7.9
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gautham Raj <gauthamrajsunny@gmail.com> writes:
> *Problem: Having multiple versions of Postgres installed in CentOS 7. I
> Want to set the 9.5 version as default. Not able to access Postgres 9.5
> through the terminal as well.*

>    1. For Command *psql --version* I'm getting 9.5 as the version.
>    2. For Command *sudo -u postgres psql *I'm getting 9.2 as the version.

You'd need to read up on Red Hat's "SCL" packaging system to understand
how to use that rh-postgresql95 package.  SCL is since my time there,
but I'm pretty sure it's intentional that it's not in the default PATH.

But TBH, all the versions available from Red Hat for RHEL7/CentOS7 are
out of support as far as the upstream community is concerned; to us it's
pretty mystifying why you'd be trying to migrate to an already-years-dead
release branch.  I'd suggest getting some more modern release from
https://www.postgresql.org/download/

От: Pavel Borisov
Сообщение: Re: Possible regression setting GUCs on \connect
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Build problem with square brackets in build path