Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

От Andre_Mikulec
Тема Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
O.K. Thank you.
Your advice is excellent.

As you requested I checked.

What I did is modified the PostgreSQL Portable startup .bat file to include
"start cmd /k"

While PostgreSQL was "starting ...." and after about 30 seconds, I used
"pgsql" to connect
to the database.  I verified by querying upon the data dictionary. I also,
created a table, then
re-queried the data dictionary and re-found the table.

What is deceptive about the process is that "starting ...." is still going
on for another 4 minutes and 30 seconds  before it finally finished and I
got t back a "pgsql prompt."  During that 5 minutes, I spent
4 minutes and 30 seconds querying the data dictionary.

I am satisfied.  Although, I see "starting...." of 5 minutes strange.
But, I am satisfied for now.

Thank you.
Andre Mikulec

От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL
От: "Muthusamy, Sivaraman"
Сообщение: How to VACUUM_FULL / clean / truncate of pg_largeobject without (much) downtime?