Re: Re: sick DB - ??

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: sick DB - ??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Pete Leonard <pete@hero.com> writes:
> The reason this happened was that for whatever reason (we're still
> investigating), /tmp was writeable only by root.

Ah.  Hadn't thought about it before, but the infinite-loop-on-
nonwritable-$PGDATA bug would also trigger for nonwritable /tmp.
(The bug was actually in CreateLockFile, which is used both to
create a lockfile in $PGDATA and one in /tmp.  Sigh.)

This is fixed in current sources.  If we were going to do a 7.1.3
then I'd backpatch the fix into the REL7_1 branch, but at this point
I suspect there won't be a 7.1.3 --- we'll probably go into 7.2 beta
in another five or six weeks, so there's not much point.

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: psql -l
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: slow SELECT ... LIMIT query