Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 11:29 +0000, Laura Smith wrote:
> Given an upcoming server upgrade, I'm contemplating moving away from XFS to ZFS
> (specifically the ZoL flavour via Debian 11).
> BTRFS seems to be falling away (e.g. with Redhat deprecating it etc.), hence my preference for ZFS.
>
> However, somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to have a recollection of reading
> about what could be described as a "strong encouragement" to stick with more traditional options such as ext4 or
xfs.

ZFS is probably reliable, so you can use it with PostgreSQL.

However, I have seen reports of performance tests that were not favorable for ZFS.
So you should test if the performance is good enough for your use case.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Abhishek Bhola
Сообщение: Re: [Major version upgrade] pg_upgrade fails despite passing check mode
От: Ninad Shah
Сообщение: Re: Issue with pg_basebackup v.11