Re: pgindent vs. pgperltidy command-line arguments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgindent vs. pgperltidy command-line arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> Until PG15, calling pgindent without arguments would process the whole
> tree.  Now you get
> No files to process at ./src/tools/pgindent/pgindent line 372.
> Is that intentional?

It was intentional, cf b16259b3c and the linked discussion.

> Also, pgperltidy accepts no arguments and always processes the whole
> tree.  It would be nice if there were a way to process individual files
> or directories, like pgindent can.

+1, although I wonder if we shouldn't follow pgindent's new lead
and require some argument(s).

> Attached is a patch for this.
> (It seems that it works ok to pass regular files (not directories) to
> "find", but I'm not sure if it's portable.)

The POSIX spec for find(1) gives an example of applying find to
what they evidently intend to be a plain file:

    if [ -n "$(find file1 -prune -newer file2)" ]; then
        printf %s\\n "file1 is newer than file2"
    fi

So while I don't see it written in so many words, I think you
can assume it's portable.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why does pg_bsd_indent need to be installed?
От: Jelte Fennema
Сообщение: Re: Adding SHOW CREATE TABLE