[SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like

От sqlQuestions
Тема [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I'm having trouble with a weird query.

*table1*
code
description
category

*table2*
code
lookup_value
category

I want to pull the code, description and category from table1. Some, not
all, codes from table1 have entries in table2, and some have multiple. In
table2, where codes are equal, and when the lookup_value string is found
inside the description, I want to pull the category from table2 instead of
the category from table1.

I was thinking about a case statement, but can't figure out the syntax. I
appreciate any ideas that would help me out. Thanks a lot!

SELECT
table1.code,
table1.description,
CASE WHEN EXISTS(    SELECT 1    FROM table1, table2    WHERE table1.code = table2.code    AND table1.description LIKE
'%table2.lookup_value%'   LIMIT 1)THEN table2.categoryELSE table1.category

END AS category
FROM table1

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Herwig Goemans
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] function source code not returning from inside a pgsql function.
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Conditional Lookup Table with Like