Re: AW: Issue NOTICE for attempt to raise lock level?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: Issue NOTICE for attempt to raise lock level?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> BTW, what about indices?

CREATE/DROP INDEX grab exclusive lock on the parent table, so there's no
problem with indexes as long as transactions that use the parent table
hold some kind of lock on that table.  I figure it's OK for the executor
to continue to grab and release locks on indexes on a per-scan basis.
It's just the parent table that we need a continuous lock on.

От: "Mikheev, Vadim"
Сообщение: RE: AW: AW: Issue NOTICE for attempt to raise lock leve l?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: Issue NOTICE for attempt to raise lock level?