Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Install of pgadmin4 from package fails ...  (Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Josh,

Sorry for the late response, I have 10K unread emails as of now:

> I know how to fix my personal install (and container image).  But I want
> to fix the RPM package so that it's fixed for most users.  Right now,
> install from RPM is kind of broken.
>
> Here's the changes that need to happen on the RPM:
>
> 1. Remove the QT dependencies for pgadmin4-v1-web

Why? I thought we need them to run pgadmin4?

> 2. Have the RPM create /usr/share/httpd/.pgadmin, owned by apache user.
>    (is this the best location?  If not, what is?)

Good question. I think that location is good.

> 3. Fix the systemd unit file so that the pgadmin4 unit is owned by apache.

Why? I did not read all the emails in this thread (yet), but all of the unit
files are owned by root, and I see no exception on my system.

> 4. (optional) set up files according to FDL standards, putting configs
> for pgadmin4 in /etc/pgadmin and the db in /var/run/pgadmin (or similar).

Red Hat does not care about that that much, does it? Especially for /etc part.

> Devrim, where is the source for this rpm build?

https://yum.postgresql.org/srpms/testing/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repoview/pgadmin4-v1.html

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz

От: Surinder Kumar
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch][RM2257]: Query tool - Insertrow doesn't use default values
От: Harshal Dhumal
Сообщение: [pgadmin-hackers] patch for RM2292 [pgadmin4]